Home Page: Meeting Minutes
August 10, 2009 Monthly Town Board
TOWN OF LYONS
MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING
DATED AUGUST 10, 2009
Meeting opened at 7:00pm. Present were Chairman William Mangold, Supervisors Bill Henningfield and Jim Shimeck, Clerk Karla Hill and Treasurer Geri Henningfield. Also present were approximately 14 area residents and guests. Notice of meeting read by Chairman Mangold. Pledge of Allegiance led by Mangold. Motion by Shimeck to approve minutes of the July 13th regular monthly meeting, seconded by Henningfield, Carried. Motion by Henningfield to approve July treasurerís report, seconded by Shimeck, Carried. Motion to approve paying of bills for the month July made by Shimeck, seconded by Henningfield, Carried.
Liquor Licenses: None
Correspondence: Clean Sweep Hazardous Waste Collection September 25th & 26th. Over 85,000 letters sent out in Wisconsin by the Government Accountability Board to verify voter information. If you receive one, call the phone number listed or contact town clerk. TownoflyonsWI.com is the new website for the Town of Lyons. Additional Walworth County Smart Growth information is available on the back table.
Motion made by Henningfield to approve Geneva Show Productions, LLC request for rezone from A1 to A2 of property owned by Lawrence Norem Family at 6476 Townline Road and known as tax key #NLY3300001, seconded by Shimeck, Carried.
Geneva Show Productions, LLC also requests a conditional use permit for the same property. Plan commission has approved the conditional use with conditions that applied to A1 zoning. Henningfield felt the conditional use should go back to the Plan commission for consideration. There was much discussion amongst audience members, which included neighbors to the property, people in favor of the project, and Richard Houck who was concerned that the conditions for which the project was approved needed to be more stringent and spelled out carefully in the conditional use. Town board listened and discussed at length.
Motion by Shimeck to approve the conditional use with the following conditions:
1. That a study of well water capacity and impact be completed to assure no negative impact on adjacent residentsí wells.
2. That surface drainage adjacent and near the site address existing drainage problems in Clearview Estates, and not further cause negative drainage impact. The service drainage plan for these areas is to be reviewed by the Town of Lyons engineer.
3. That the tree line on the SW corner of the property be maintained and not be unreasonably damaged in the construction of the perimeter fence.
4. That all entrance and egress of the site be from State Hwy 50.
5. That the existing gravel egress to Townline Road be gated, closed, and monitored to all but emergency vehicle access.
6. The number of events shall not exceed 12 events or exceed 60 days of use per year. This is exclusive of time required for set up and take down of the facilities.
7. That events be limited exclusively to equestrian and horse show events. There shall be no musical concerts, flea markets, car shows, antique shows, or any event that does not exclusively show, train, ride, jump, or show horses.
8. That lighting is limited to internal stable and security lighting, and no site wide or arena illumination is used.
9. Hours of operation shall be dawn to dusk.
10. All utilities shall be placed underground.
11. That the existing sound barrier berm near and adjacent to Clearview Estates be maintained.
12. That manure be managed to be collected and removed daily during events.
13. That garbage and refuse be collected and removed daily.
14. That entrance signage is clear enough to minimize accidental use of Circle Drive in Clearview Estates. Work with WDOT to provide public directional signs to the facility on Hwy 50.
15. 70% of the site shall be considered open space. That landscaping not in arenas, mowed right of ways along roads and paths, and detention ponds be of Native Prairie and managed according to generally accepted principles of the native plant restoration industry.
16. No permanent roof structure may be added to the property, other than what is noted on the Geneva Show Production plans dated 6/23/09, without further revision to the conditional use permit.
17. That there shall be no overnight camping or lodging on the property. Overnight staffing to be limited to security, horse attendants, persons responsible for horse welfare, and after hours maintenance.
18. Provide a letter of approval from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation regarding Highway 50 access.
19. Food and beverage service shall be limited to serving persons attending equestrian and horse show events.
20. The site shall be closed and secured except during events or for take down and set up of facilities.
21. There shall be only one residence for a caretaker.
Seconded by Mangold, Carried. Henningfield did not vote for approval.
Motion by Henningfield to approve request by Howard Basso for conditional use permit for property zoned B2 located at 405 Skyline Drive to operate moped/motorcycle/auto sales and service with the following conditions:
1) Hours of operation be limited to 8am-6pm Monday-Saturday
2) No onsite testing of off road vehicles is allowed.
Seconded by Shimeck, Carried.
Motion by Mangold to approve Fire Department Officers as read (attached), seconded by Shimeck, carried.
Ordinance Enforcer- None
Building Inspector- None
Fire Department- Fire Inspectors are working on inventory of house number signs to see that all are up and visible.
Highway Department-There is structural deterioration of the Sheridan Springs Road bridge that is near Grand Geneva. A bridge inspection has been ordered and the Highway Department anticipates that a low load limit will be posted in the very near future. In the meantime, Mangold has notified others to be cautious of weights crossing the bridge. Baxter & Woodman will try to speed up the application for grant to replace the bridge.
Motion by Henningfield to adjourn the meeting at 8:55pm, seconded by Shimeck, Carried.
Karla Hill, Clerk
June 5, 2013 Plan Commission
May 18, 2013 Sanitary District II
May 13, 2013 Town Board
May 13, 2013 Board of Review
April 20, 2013 Sanitary District II
April 15, 2013 CESD April Monthly minutes
April 8, 2013 Town Board
March 18, 2013 CESD March Mtg
March 16, 2013 Sanitary District II
March 16, 2013 Sanitary District II